Having a Thai sister in law has allowed me to be introduced to the most amazing Thai cuisines ever. So healthy, fresh, spicy and delicious new flavours. Tonight she prepared a Thai Beef Salad, not your typical salad!
You must try this recipe, definitely on the spicy side however you have the option to remove the chilli if you don’t like that kick.
- 500g lean beef strips
- 2 celery stalks thinly chopped ~5cm length ways
- Mixed green lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 large purple onion, thinly sliced
- Mint leaves
- Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tb chilli sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Juice of pickled garlic
- Shallot, chopped
- Bring to boil large saucepan of water, place beef strips in water. Bring to a simmer and cook until tender.
- Whisk together chilli sauce, lemon, pickled garlic juice and shallots in a jug and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the beef strips and drizzle with dressing. Gently toss to combine. Divide salad amongst bowls and serve.
Delicious!!! Can’t wait to share some more amazing recipes.