With Katie’s husband as a chef no dinner is ever disappointing. This lamb shank recipe is hearty, healthy and full of flavour! This recipe is perfect for Winter.
Lamb shanks are a good source of iron and vitamin B12, essential for energy and carrying oxygen around your body. Common signs of iron deficiency include feeling tired, fatigue, poor concentration and frequent infections.
Give this amazing recipe a go!
4 lamb shanks
2 x cans of tin tomatoes salt reduced
1 x jar of Barilla basil tomato sauce (or another choice of brand)
600ml of water
3 x springs of rosemary
2 x garlic cloves
1/2 x onion
salt and pepper to season
Mash potato and welted spinach to serve
1. Brown lamb shanks in a saucepan with olive oil until golden brown.
2. Remove the lamb shanks from the saucepan and transfer to your slow cooker.
3. Add onion, garlic to the saucepan cooking for 2-3 minutes until slightly brown, and place these ingredients into your slow cooker as well.
4. Add to your slow cooker the tin tomatoes, pasta sauce, water and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Make sure the lamb shanks are covered with your sauce if they are not, mix around your ingredients and you may need to add more water.
6. Turn on your slow cooker onto low for 6-7 hours (or as recommended by your slow cooker to cook lamb shanks)