Banana breads bought in a café are often high in calories, sugar, saturated fat and full of preservatives. Definitely not the best choice when having an afternoon coffee!
This is one of Katie’s speciality recipes, its dairy free, high in fibre and contains only natural sugars! You can make this recipe gluten free simply by swapping the wholemeal self raising flour to a gluten free alternative, such as the Orgran gluten free all purpose flour.
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 x overripe bananas
- 3 x eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
2. Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl; flour, almond meal, cacao powder, chia seeds and bi-carb soda. Stir all the ingredients together evenly.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork in a separate bowl.
4. Lightly beat the eggs together in a glass.
5. Add the eggs, bananas and olive oil to your dry mixture.
6. Pour the mixture to a greased loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.