Creating your own granola is the perfect breakfast or snack option and is it’s so simple. The benefits of making your own mix are you can reduce the amount of sugar, add additional fibre, good fats, spices and choose good quality produce.
Our recipe includes all the goodness including natural sugars, dietary fibre, protein, good fats, calcium, iron and many more essential vitamins and minerals.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds and chia seeds mixed
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup coconut chips (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 Tb of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Combine oats, almonds, walnuts, seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl
- Pour over maple syrup and mix through until all ingredients are well coated
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baking tray, avoid layering the granola mix
- Toast the muesli for ~20-25 minutes or until golden brown, make sure you check on the muesli and give it a mix
- Allow to cool, add dried fruits and coconut chips
- Store it in a sealed container
Best served with natural yoghurt and fresh figs, sprinkle over poached fruit for a healthy dessert or simply serve with milk!