This is one of those meals, how to cook delicious food without really trying. Using wonton wrappers for ravioli is a great alternative to making pasta from scratch and you can add whatever filling you like.
The combination of pumpkin and ricotta with an olive oil and sage sauce goes along way! I have also made this recipe using feta and spinach and beef mince with tomato salsa. Check out our recipe below:
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 400g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 250 fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 Tb oregano leaves, chopped
- sea salt and cracked pepper to season
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 10-15 fresh sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 220°C, place pumpkin on baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Brush pumpkin with 1 Tb of olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden
- Mix together ricotta, parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tsp of the mixture and 2-3 pieces of pumpkin on half of the wonton
- Brush the wonton edges with water top with remaining wonton. Press edges together to seal.
- Cook the ravioli in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until al dente.
- To make the olive oil and sage sauce, heat remaining olive oil in a pan on medium to low heat. Add sage leaves and minced garlic and cook for a 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the ravioli and serve with remaining pumpkin, olive oil and sage sauce and sprinkle of parmesan.