This recipe is quick and easy, perfect for your weeknight menu! Easy and convenient meals don’t mean they have to be processed and high in saturated fats. Takeaway meals are often high in salt, saturated (bad) fats and can include refined carbohydrates. We also tend to overeat because the portions served are much larger then what we really need.
Set yourself up by planning a menu for the week and have your ingredients ready to go, that way you’re less likely to purchase fast food meals and have control over what goes into your cooking.
This Chicken Kofta recipe takes only 30 minutes. Perfect mid week meal the whole family can enjoy!
- 1/2 kg chicken breast minced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp of allspice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Place the chicken mince, onion, breadcrumbs and spices in a bowl. Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Using damp hands, roll mixture into small sized balls, and then place on a tray.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat or prepare a grill. Brush the pan lightly with olive oil. Working in batches, grill the koftas, turning occasionally, until brown all over and just cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer to dish and serve with Greek salad and wholemeal pita pockets.