This meal is delicious, super healthy and a great way to get in extra veggie serves!
Prawns are a lean protein and a very versatile; they can be used in soups, stir-fry’s, pasta dishes, paella’s and tacos! This recipe is great for entertaining, you will be in and out of the kitchen within 30 minutes.
- 1 kg green prawns, raw, deveined (Frozen is fine)
- 2 bunches of asparagus, washed woody ends chopped
- 2 Tb olive oil
- 1 Tb chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tb ginger, chopped
- 1 Tb soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan heat 1 tb of olive oil and add the prawns. Add chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until light pink, but slightly undercook. Pull prawns out and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same frying pan and add asparagus, cooking until tender and crisp ~2 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic, cook for another 30 seconds.
- Return prawns to pan, heat through the vegetables and prawns. Add soy sauce and squeezed lemon.
- Serve with coconut rice and side salad.