Spring had definitely sprung, with the warmer weather on its way the feel of summer is coming!
Salads are so versatile and literally anything can be tossed into a salad to create a meal. Mixing it up with different dressings, grains and fats, it is a great way to get in your vegetable serves.
They don’t have to be difficult or boring. You really can use leftover ingredients from the night before. We have put together our favourite salad combinations; they are well-balanced, good source of fibre, filing and deliciously tasty!
- Your Sunday Night Roast– Roast lamb, cherry tomato, spanish onion, roast pumpkin, beetroot, grilled halloumi and spinach dressed with olive oil, balsamic and honey mustard.
- Left Over Throw– Tinned tuna (preferably in oil, drained), wholemeal orecchiette pasta, kale, avocado, tomatoes and olives dressed with lemon.
- Veggie Vibin- Chickpeas, quinoa, spinach, toasted pine nuts, feta, spinach and parsley dressed with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Fattoush Salad– Falafel (these can be pre-purchased and heated), cherry tomatoes, cucumber, green capsicum, spanish onion, radish, parsley and Lebanese bread (warmed in microwave and crushed) dressed with tahini, olive oil, lemon and sumac
- Spring Salad– Grilled chicken, buckwheat, roasted sweet potato, rocket, pomegranate and avocado dressed with lime juice and fig glaze.
- Super Salad– Kale, asparagus, broccoli, beetroot, carrot, basil, seed mix including sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and chia seeds dressed with grape seed oil, apple cider vinegar and ginger.
- Supercharge Salmon– Grilled salmon filet, roasted cauliflower, chickpeas, red onion, mint dressed with babaganoush, olive oil and chia seeds.