Craving something sweet that won’t add to the waistline! We have you covered.
This Baked Pear & Ricotta Delight is a perfect snack to get added calcium, fibre and the sweetness pears have to offer. A bonus – pears are affordable and in season.
Baked Pear & Ricotta Delight
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- 1 pear
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Low fat ricotta
- Optional – 5 almonds or your choice of nuts
- Pepper- optional
- Sesame seeds
- Turn on grill to a medium heat. Or oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Cut the pear in half. Remove the pear core.
- Sprinkle cinnamon in the centre
- Mix ricotta and nuts together. Place inside the pear. Crack pepper on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds and more cinnamon.
- Place in the grill for 10 minutes or until pear is at desired softness.